R4DSCards
DSI says "An error has occurred - Press ad hold the POWER Button" help please

http://www.r4dscards.com/Forum/Topic1355.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By dansinbad - 24/09/2010 19:34:55
Hi,

My daughter has a DSI and we have had an R4i Upgrade Revolution card for nearly a year which has worked perfectly up until about a week ago when the message "An error has occurred" appeared. The DSI works fine with nintendo games in and the camera etc work fine, its just the R4i card that doesn't.

I have tried to reformat the card and start again with new software with no joy, I have also tried buying a new R4i Gold card and again downloaded the new software again with no joy.

The error occured after my daughter went to the online shop and downloaded a drawing/animation game - do you think this may have downlaoded some clever software from Nintendo??

Can anyone help please???

Many thanks 
By keelin - 26/09/2010 12:30:27
Hi,
I had the same message after updating my dsi.Did someone help you on this threat as I don't know what to do?

Thanks
Keelin
By nadie - 26/09/2010 17:46:35

Hi!

I have the same problem too.  i have a r4i upgrade revolution or ds card with the yellow star on it containing V1.4 and the url address is r4iI-SDHC.COM .  i have a DSI XL and all was working ok until one of my games froze.  when i rebooted it displayed the error message AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED. PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON TO TURN SYSTEM OFF.

i have tried re-installing every kernel/firmware i can find.  nothing is working.  i have followed so many threads from other forums, yet still nothing works.  my dsi system information tells me it is running on firmware 1.4.1e

Can anybody please help me?????????

By dansinbad - 26/09/2010 18:25:54
Hi Keelin,

Thanks for your reply, I still haven't found a way of making the cards work, if you can help it will be much appreciated.

Dansinbad   
By R4DSCards Tech - 26/09/2010 21:02:38
hi there it sounds as though you have updated the software on your console to the latest upgrade.  Once you have done this you will find that you will not be able to use your DS cards again.  

What I would advise if this is the case, that you contact the manufacturer of your particular DS card, the url should be on the card itself and if not it should be on the box it came from.  Check to see if there has been a new kernel software released to combat the new nintendo upgrade.  If they do not release a fix them you will need to wait until the manufacturers  manufacturer an upgraded card that will work.

Good luck

By keelin - 27/09/2010 06:04:37
I had the following reply from the supplier of my card:
  The old version 1.4 card can not support DSI 1.41 u in the moment. we will try to improve and update soon !
 I hope that it will be soon enough as I don't know how to explain this to my son .
By nadie - 27/09/2010 09:33:23

Hi Keelin, Same here. I got the same reply.  Fantastic.  I am certainly blessed.  I am certain i have not updated my ds at any time.  So I dont know how this has happened.  it was fine one minute and the next it was not working!

If it helps i have searched the forums and its appears that there are two cards which are compatible with our firmware of 1.4.1.  They are r41 gold and Ace... something.  (sorry cant remember the name) I will google and put a link on here if you want?

Nadie

By nadie - 27/09/2010 09:39:30
hi again, i have found this if its any help. i may order one today and see if it works.  Try this link: http://www.r4i-software.com/acekard-2i-dsi-1-4-1-firmware-fix/   good luck
By keelin - 27/09/2010 10:18:57
Thanks for the reply.I read that if you buy an r4i gold you still need to install the patch on another dsi to update the firmware of the newly purchased card and then use it on your dsi which has the 1.41e firmware.Will I automatically update the other dsi if I do this operation or will it remain with the same firmware it had?As I don't want to ruin my cousins dsi.
By scoopster - 06/10/2010 16:43:26
Hi guys, my son has also updated his ds to version 1.4.1e. This has blocked the r4i card that was being used from working. I have found this link http://www.r4li.com/download/DSi1.4.1e_1.4.2c.html which claims to patch the card so it will work. But it says i have to put the patch on the micro sd card and then run. How do i get the program to run if the if the ds doesnt accept the card??
Any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks.
By g-dog - 06/12/2010 23:00:40
Anyone have a solution for this yet?

I've also got a red box R4i - website is r4i-sdhc.com. My DSi firmware is at 1.4.1u

Scoopster - the update you mention won't help if your DSi firmware has already been updated - you have to run that patch before updating your DSi.

from the website: NDSi which version should be below 1.4.1 or 1.4.2C
By guoguo - 16/12/2013 10:53:56
Coach Outlet Online Today I shed my old skinCoach Outlet  which hath, too long,Coach Factory Outletsuffered the bruises ofCoach Outlet Online failure and the wounds ofCoach Factory Outlet mediority.Today I aCoach Outlet Store Online m born anew and my birthplace Coach Outlet Store Online is a vineyard where theCoach Factory Outlet  is fruit for all.     Coach Outlet Today I will pluck grapes ofCoach Outlet  wisdom from the tallest and Coach Handbags Outlet fullest vines in the vineyard,Coach Outlet for these were planted by theCoach Outlet wisest of my profession whoCoach Outlet have come before me,Coach Outlet Online generation upon generation.True Religion Jeans  Today I will savor the tasteTrue Religion Outlet  of grapes from these vines andTrue Religion  verily I will swallow the seed ofMichael Kors Outlet  success buried in each andMichael Kors Outlet Store new life will sproutMichael Kors Outlet Online The career I have chosen is Michael Kors Outlet laden with opportunity yet it is fraughChanel Outlet Online t with heartbreak and despair and the
By guoguo - 16/12/2013 10:54:12
Coach Outlet Online Today I shed my old skinCoach Outlet  which hath, too long,Coach Factory Outletsuffered the bruises ofCoach Outlet Online failure and the wounds ofCoach Factory Outlet mediority.Today I aCoach Outlet Store Online m born anew and my birthplace Coach Outlet Store Online is a vineyard where theCoach Factory Outlet  is fruit for all.     Coach Outlet Today I will pluck grapes ofCoach Outlet  wisdom from the tallest and Coach Handbags Outlet fullest vines in the vineyard,Coach Outlet for these were planted by theCoach Outlet wisest of my profession whoCoach Outlet have come before me,Coach Outlet Online generation upon generation.True Religion Jeans  Today I will savor the tasteTrue Religion Outlet  of grapes from these vines andTrue Religion  verily I will swallow the seed ofMichael Kors Outlet  success buried in each andMichael Kors Outlet Store new life will sproutMichael Kors Outlet Online The career I have chosen is Michael Kors Outlet laden with opportunity yet it is fraughChanel Outlet Online t with heartbreak and despair and the